Friday, March 30, 2007

Push

Since I'm still unemployed, I've decided that another push toward a stronger, more flexible body, is the order of the day, week and month. I expect one of two results. Either I get strong, fitter and full of energy or I get so sick and tired of working out, I'll work even harder to find a job. Win/Win!

My current plan is pretty simple. It's based on the idea that I need go harder than I have. Nothing complex there. Yesterday, I took advantage of the warm weather and took to the hills to climb them. Not looking for altitude so much, just a slope that would provide a lot of variation for my creaky joints.

While I didn't resemble a lemur, meerkat or some lithe silly animal, I didn't fall over or get et by a bear. (Why is that an obsession? Damn that Timothy Treadwell. "Mr. Chocolate; He's a BIG BEAR!) My knee felt a bit more stable so overall, very good! Plus mossy visuals always are relaxing.

My reward for my exertion was going to be a seat by the river, listening to the Spring wash. Still pretty cold for that. Lots of snow around. I was hoping for massive crashing boulder action from the snowmelt. No luck, mainly just angry burbling. Also, no enchanting pic of the river either. Just this one that's okay:

In spite of the cold, I had planned on sitting but the big black spiders altered my plans. Thankfully, not poisonous. My field guide book identified them as the "Pacific Northwest Furry Assbiter." Well, I made that up but I didn't want to take the chance so I headed home.

Out of all of the pictures that I took, none were as fun as the ones that I took in the car. I learned that other drivers respect the gleeful madman who is taking pictures as he drives. Thanks for the space everyone.

1 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, ya gotta watch out for those NW Assbiters, they aren't very friendly, and much more ubiquitous than bears in these parts.

I hope I can get some hiking in during my free week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home