Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Love Conspiracy?

What is it about the world anyway? I was determined to feel bad today. Determined. I have some justification here, some warrant. Newly divorced? Check. Unemployed? Check. Relocated? Check. Death in the family? Check. You can just keep listing most of life's major stressors and I've signed on.

Today however, strangers worked hard to engage and be kind to me. One beautiful soul gave me my change today by taking my hand, and putting one shining coin at a time in it while he looked into my eyes. He overflowed with joy. What could make someone do that to a sad, bent twig like me? Professionals complimented me.
Dogs licked my hands. Nice things happened and got me back on my path.

I have always believed in small signs, good and bad, mostly bad. Nothing so grand as clouds parting, hand-of-God stuff, but signs, all the same. Signs of love were right in my face today. Right there, blazing in front of me. Ideal me wants to think that there's considerable love that can come one's way in this random, grinding universe. Cynical me couldn't help but smile that Ideal me seemed to be right today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home