Thursday, April 27, 2006

What I've Learned

Here's what I learned this evening waiting for sleep to come.

Mah Jongg points out a tricky habit of my mind. If you don't know the game, you match tiles. What I found out is that in my sleepy brain state, my tactics were suspect. I'd focus on freeing up a tile and find out I had a better choice that I had already made. But my brain would get stuck on a tile for no reason and then I'd act on it. Is this like anything else in my life?

Cats eat food. Now, I know this based on their end product alone. But, the cats seem to do the bulk of their eating at night. I know why. They don't want us to see them eating. They want us to think that they don't like their food. That the stupid human simply forgot to fill their bowl. That they are dying because of their new crapulous food. Is this like anything else in my life?

I learned two things in my groggy state. Maybe that's what it takes. Maybe I've learned three things tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home