Friday, August 24, 2007

Automagic

Indulge me, for a minute, about one of life's great pleasures: the mystical, uninterrupted drive across the city. During rush hour. In Seattle. AND upon arriving home, I snagged the closest street parking at my building.

Circumnavigating (okay, I know that's incorrect but there's got to be some giant important-sounding term employed here: "citynavugating" maybe?) downtown unstopped, from Queen Anne to Capitol Hill is an awesome feat.

Typically, it's a fifteen minute drive, lots of lights, always some snarls. Ten minutes is good. I made it in around five minutes. Of course there's some luck involved, but I changed lanes seven times to preempt any left hand turners, buses, or flow-eating queues.

This was a thing of beauty. Paradoxically, it was over so quickly it only registered as I was on the final leg, going up the hill. I guess that's how it works in the zone. I would be the last person to tell those other drivers to "Eat my carbon footprint," but I am pretty happy about my little trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home