Monday, October 22, 2007

"Inspiration is for amateurs"

I was happy that I got the chance to hang out with one member of our rapidly-aging boomer population this weekend. Birthdays were had, dinners were eaten and art was seen.

The Portland Giftshop of Art featured a knock-out exhibition entitled: Chuck Close Prints: Process and Collaboration. I'm not going to attempt to review this amazing show. Go to the show or check out the companion book. Me, I'm simply going to mention what Chuck said in the video Chuck Close: Close Up:
"I think that the problem that you create is more interesting than the problem that you have to solve."

(By the way, I'm typically not a fan of watching video in museums when you've got the damn art on the walls. But this was a fascinating look into a unique life in art that helped amplify what was on the walls.) (By the way, I do apologize for all the hyperlinks.)

The problem you create. I'm working on that right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home