Saturday, September 08, 2007

Arrival

Just a brief note: I've arrived in Medford in one piece.

The new pad is enormous and I'll adjust to its sizeness eventually. That's one thing that I've trained assiduously for as an American. The movers haven't shown yet so tonight I'm going to stay in a hotel rather than sleep on the floor. About the move, it's amazing that I've amassed nearly 2400 lbs of crap, according to the movers. I suppose it's mostly weighty Ikea composite woods, books and as some can attest, too many carefully cultivated rocks from area beaches.

But that's given me time to explore the hood a bit. I am within a city block of a Barnes & Noble/Starbucks. In the same path, you'll find the DMV, Marie Calendar's and a Castle Adult Entertainment Superstore. Now that's a fine selection of services!

Not much more to say tonight. I'm off to bed, got a schedule to keep! Hope your dreams are sweet ones.

3 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Blogger nina said...

Hooray for spaciousness! Don't forget to keep your eyes peeled for the delivery truck from that 'L' store (not to be confused with the Castle Superstore). Oh, and there might be another little surprise delivery heading your way, too, which might make you miss Seattle just a wee bit.
Finally, enjoy your last day of slackerdom.

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got there safe and as sound as you started out. I don't even want to think about the weight (both actual and emotional) of all the stuff in our house.

Hope your first day of work is going well.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Mmm, pie....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home