Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Slant of Light


This is my bed stand with some home-grown lavender, a free-range Ikea lamp and sheets that Ralph Lauren hand-loomed.

My favorite thing here is the little vase holding the lavender. I found it so many years ago I can't remember. Had to be before Metrosexuality, before the man purse, way before I thought about such trivial things.

I've come to think of it as a placeholder for my love of flowers. Some genetic bud that I'd discover when I grew up.

In July, the evening sun would blow in and rustle the lavender. The fugitive scent would remind me of the sunny places I hoped to visit and the ones in my washed out memory. In August, the slant of light has changed but I've not forgotten this brief illumination.

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely

 

Post a Comment

<< Home