Thursday, July 27, 2006

Pigeons, Part Coo

You might have remembered my earlier, little story about a pair of pigeons wanting to hang out at my kitchen window. More pigeons ensue.

As I walked my block and a half homeward from the bus, I spotted a silly pigeon nesting in the middle of the sidewalk. Yes, nesting. She had a madonna like calm going on which was enabled, I think, by her feathery partner who charged at me to force me onto another path.

On Capitol Hill, I expect all kinds of behaviors. I welcome these diligent attempts to join the Otherworld. I've seen many forms here: the young man whose only hair remnant was a hot pink, one inch tight pony tale with a big black rubber band on the front top of his head. He looked like he had a wireless antenna attached just like an upscale car. Bizarre. A recent favorite was the guy with the fashion combo of the Hassidim (especially the string sideburns) and Cowboy, including the spurs. Oh, and the Spongebob t-shirt. Weirdness is the expected so how do you out-weird weird?

The beatific nesting on the sidewalk was weird.
The gallant charge of the pigeon brigade was weird. Pigeons, genuinely strange, win. One being protecting another looked strange to me without any additional plumage. I think I might need to get out less or more. I can't say which.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home