Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Method

You might tire of reading about my feats of strength. Well, click out now because here comes another one.

Methodical. That's the new, low-key trick. From a to b or a to c in extremis. I am now interested in the steps that it takes to go from here to there. You might scoff but I've never had the patience for taking the steps. There's probably a ream of whys. Go head and fill in the blank. Most of you know me well enough to just nod your heads.

This leap of faith in the methodical began in writing this fairly sporadic blog. Nice: "sporadic blog." Isn't that a tar pit near La Brea? My hope was that I'd become more attuned to some of the subtle whispers in my life. That takes faith and trust that the whispers are there, that I can hear them and that they might be meaningful.

Many events have slowed me down in this past crawling year. Slowed me enough that I found a once elusive, small opening. I might be able to step through it without shearing my head off.

1 Comments:

At 6:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slowing down so I see my life is my challenge also. I think that is why I have started journaling again. I give you a lot of credit I am not always willing to be public with the moments I am finding. Have faith they are there if we chose to see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home