Wednesday, October 04, 2006

parallel worlds

On the good days, I pay attention to myself.

At the workplace, an advertiser was quite pleased that I understood that he didn't mind paying big money for an effective campaign. Previous salesfolk kept pressing ways to save money which wasn't a concern to him. Nice to get that kind of affirmation about the state of things.

Tonight, I had a long, unexpected talk with my haircutter. The upshot was that he couldn't see a solution about a giant personal decision centered around money. I said straight off that the money didn't seem to be the issue. Money had obscured the needs the were driving the decision. Must have been some tough stuff if it were easier talking about sensitive money issues.

Okay, money is a real issue for nearly everyone. It certainly is for me. But it surprised me how I found my way past money. You might imagine that there's some lesson here for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home