Sunday, January 06, 2008

Guitar II

Happy New Year!

Sorry about the lack of writing, that will change now that I've gotten through the demands of the holidays at my newish job. My focus has been myopic but that can now change a bit. Maybe biopic or triopic. Cool, third eye!

For those of you keeping count, my little family consists of two guitars now. One created for electrical outages, one to increase my carbon footprint. The new, manually powered model is silly as you can see but it's a real Gretsch and sounds and plays great. I don't trust my word on this but my colleagues who really love playing these cheap little fellows. Thank you special discount!

In all fairness, it does make real guitar sounds when others play it. So far, it dutifully spells out whatever sounds I attempt. The real guitar sounds are just around the corner. I can feel it! By the way, a square little plastic man named Korg keeps my guitar tuned. One eye glares red at me until I find an acceptable note. Then the other turns green. Kind of like David Bowie. What a funny job.

The packaging is just as silly as the guitar itself. The idea of learning how to play the guitar without learning attracted me, as you might suspect.

It's been a funny month. Kinda like reverse, first and overdrive were the only gears I used. Did I mention Park? A lot of Park. No great thoughts to be found here. Just a little notice that I still exist, that I'm not yet a threat to take food out of any gigging guitarist's mouth and that I've been working on a novel. You know, everyday life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home