Sunday, April 02, 2006

Wetland Clashes

I found myself deep in one of the biggest wetlands in the area today. Since I'm neither fish nor waterfowl, that's a bit unusual.

In its deep, slow center, spring growth was slicing up from the reeds, the trees and even the algae was glowing. The water was a hard, oily green- like it was in the process of trying to create an alternate to fossil fuels. The new vegetation was a hot, vibrant green and everything else was a very cold, slate green.
What a surreal color moment: the sun shot through and I almost couldn't focus because the designer had messed up the colors. They did not match and it was as painful as any couch past its fashion expiration date.

I can't recall ever seeing that in a natural setting. I had to stare at the mountains for a half hour to regain my white balance. I'm better now, thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home