Monday, May 01, 2006

Don't Worry, Be Wrong

My job hunt is a good platform for making mistakes, the more the better.

Of course, it's also a good place for me to encounter a subset of my mistakes: the error of not gathering information before deciding to say no. One of my weak points is placing preconceptions onto the world and its companion, opportunity. That prevents me from making mistakes, upsetting the boat and maintains my steady, if anemic, state. This perceptual shorthand for years helped me navigate a world that I didn't understand. Don't need that kind of control and distortion anymore.

With this bad habit of Rumsfeldian prejudgment, I always have had a firewall between me and the world. It won't help me be powerful and true in the real world. Powerful in its best sense, of being myself. Self-coercion and compliance were the primary tools of my old world, ones that I hope to neglect, and see them rust into oblivion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home