Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Rejection

Called an employer this morning and said 'no' to their offer. Probably a good thing to do on principle.

I don't like rejecting anything or anyone. That passive-aggressive non-choice often leads to someone else to do my dirty work later which then leaves me confused. "Gosh, what happened?" Well, like the philosopher of Margaritaville
said "It's my own damn fault."

Saying 'no' while I shape the course of my life is an important step for me. It must build some type of character to reject something decent in favor of something good or great. If not character, then I've got a few more dollars in the self-esteem bank. That saying, "good is the enemy of great" (or something like that) has been weighing on me. I have some idea of how that applies to me now.

I'd like to thank the frozen concoctions for helping me hang on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home