Friday, July 14, 2006

Hernandez Returns

Joyous day! The Honda's back!

The good folks have fixed him up, I have a Club-like device that attaches to his clutch (don't even ask) and all that's left is to shove a stereo deck into his maw.

My surprise was that when I took the key, I was happy and excited to have my old pal back. Funny that I could have such a reaction to a rolling tool. But, I also have spent a couple of days in rapture over my sugar bowl. You know that there's a lot more science and research put into making cars psychologically appealing.

I don't think that the outstanding interior detailing had anything to do with my reaction. That was more a classic double take after I saw how well his wound had healed. I walked outside just to look at it again today.

There isn't any lesson here. Just gratitude that everything has come out fine. Soon he'll be able to sing again. What could be finer than having a friend who takes you where you want to go and sings to you? No wonder I am moved to have him back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home