Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Day after Yesterday

Much better day today! Props to me for wrestling yesterday's misconceptions to the ground. It's a big deal for me to face this so quickly and without the aid of a net. The direct result of my persistence was a good day today.

Because of my workday fright yesterday, you didn't hear about the time I spent swinging a battle ax on Saturday in my friends' house, destroying their precious kitchen. Thankfully, this was something that they wanted since they coincidentally planned on remodeling their kitchen. What are the odds of that?

The best thing was that my left claw could almost keep up with the right one. It could pick up a bag of plaster turds and lift them onto a truck at chest height. That is really amazing and my tendonitis continues to yield ground. Ha, take that, forces of evil!

Because of my job obsession, you didn't hear about the lovely bruschetta plate that I had at Serafina's on Saturday with Janeen. Simple. Fine Italian bread, grilled, and oiled, with tiny bowls of a green olive tapenade, a mild goaty cheese with spicy hungarian peppers and a tuna/caper thingie. I could have eaten three times as much as the massive antipasto portion they brought. That would have resulted in a trip to the vomitorium, but that is some authentic old-school Italian action.

We rolled down the hill to South Lake Union after the feast to watergaze. I have to tell you that I won a brief argument about the purity of the water. After I had made my case against, a doggie went into the water and peed. Doggie Smile! Then, a few moments later, she went back in and crapped. This for some reason delighted the Seattletonians who witnessed the hind quarters of this cur spewing its doggie business into our waterway. I was less than happy to win my argument with this kind of help. I saw the pup as a kind of Karl Rove figure who helped me win my argument. Not a fan of that kind of smear campaign victory.

So I'm better, dear reader. I knew that I would face challenges getting my emotional self back into the world. First challenge was well met. I have to say that I am very grateful that I have you folks who care about me. That helps keep me hanging in there when things get wacky. It really does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home