Sunday, November 05, 2006

Fidgety

Nothing but transitions all the time!

Decided that, yes, it's time to find a new job. It's a long story but I don't have enough passion for it to throw myself into the ad biz. It's that simple. So wish me luck in the finding of the next job! Crap, like I wanted that at the top of my to-do list.

Let me also give you a brief update about the writing. Part of me want to have some slick story to post that would knock you out. That was the VERY optimistic part of me. I knew that this shift would require a lot of trust that, over time, I would figure out how to make stuff up. Ha, funny when I put it that way.

A long white page still commands my respect but not my fear. My first mini-obsession has been about a story of reincarnation gone wrong. It's been too much like a Disney film on acid so far. Cheesy, but I bet I could get Richard Gere to greenlight this baby.

That's the deal: noodle around with the stuff that pops up and see what happens. Robertson Davies said that the origins of one of his novels came from an image of a boy throwing a snowball, that's it. He of course was an accomplished writer and could spot an idea with legs, no matter how insubstantial.

My thinking right now is that I can continue to blog more loosely and write more stuff. Why not? It's a good deal for my brain, which requires a balance of activities. The bloggy is different from the creatin' which is different from the weepy emails that I occasional foist on you all.

So I mentioned figety. Well sure I am. Who really wants to be looking for a job? at any time? But as good a soldier that I am, I somedays could just walk out of where I'm working and think it would be the best move I've made in a while. Phil don't need no toxic organization, he's got a ready supply whenever he needs it. The best thing to come of this is once again a bit more clarity, at least about where I don't want to be. That's pretty good since I thought that there were some marketing things that I'd like to explore. Nope. I don't. I'd rather weld or shuck corn. Quite a surprise!

So when you're driving in the countryside on your next weekend jaunt, if you spot a wiry corn-shucking madman at a produce stand, it will not be me. I hope that I'll be the planning manager at Roadside Stands Inc that realized that the mad shucker position would increase sales by 15% per annum.

I hope you all have a wonderful week!


.

1 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear corn shuckin' and marketing have been removed from the table. Now on to the task at hand...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home