Sunday, May 13, 2007

Bury Me Not on the Lone Prairie

Here's just a couple of things happening, macro, micro, on the lone prairie known as Glacial Heritage Preserve in Thurston County, near Littlerock, WA. I am always happy to see pretty flowers.
I'm even happier to see the resident fauna. This creepy yellow spider is just doing its job, I know. But jeez, one of my few irrational phobias (hey, many are good and worthwhile), is getting a fatal bite from a spider hiding in banana bunches. Now that I know there's a sinister yellow spidy around, Dole has lost a customer for the forseeable future.

The purpose of gathering on the prairie was to draw, paint or photo it into submission. You know, the normal function of Art. After making a horrifying landscape, I muddled through with a pen drawing, none of which I'm sharing! Ideally, the best instrument to capture the place would have been Willa Cather. She didn't fit into my backpack so I had to make due. The best work I did was to lay back and watch the clouds go by.



1 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Did that spider evolve to live on sunflowers? What a color!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home