Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Cleveland: We Could Use a Freaking Break!

Cleveland's New Motto!

Thanks to a cheery analysis by the New York Times, everyone now knows that the Cleve claims the longest civic losing streak any city with three major league teams. (Listen New York, your city hasn't done much better recently and the Yankee's yearly salary is the same size as Ohio's annual budget.)

On the bright side, I'll be able to blame any personal malaise on the magnificent futility of our sports teams. Why not? We've nearly exhausted the cool titling possibilities for how our teams have lost: The Drive, The Shot, The Interception, The Fold, The 12-Gauge, The Space Tentacle, The Cheesy Poof. These things trickle down is what I'm saying.

I accept that LeBron is the man and that I am a witness. However, I don't think what I saw in the NBA finals was what Nike had in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home