Saturday, November 22, 2008

ambraindexterous

There's one piece of confusion that's been constant and giddy in my life. I probably share this with everyone but maybe not. The confusion is applying one the function of one thing to a thing that has a like function. 

Two examples today. Been going to the gym in the a.m. I go with just the basics. I'm wearing my clothes, sweats and my locker lock for my keys, wallet and sweats. Otherwise, I'll leave something behind if I'm hauling it around in the gym. When I got out of the car this morning, I took the masterlock out of my pocket and began to use it to lock the car door. Wait, it don't work. Ha, is funny! 

Then on the drive home, I was still listening to my ipod. (It's a very short drive; I don't do this as a matter of habit; The volume is low so I can hear real-life sounds. You be quiet.) As mentioned parenthetically, the volume was low so I tried to use the car radio's volume nob to increase my ipod's volume. Once again, mistaken object, similar functionality.

I'd like to chalk this up to some superb flowy brain state but I think it's just bad thinking made physically manifest. It might be for the best that this quirk doesn't happen with all of my thinking that's fundamentally flawed. I would like to see what that day would look like, the day when the real world gave me instant feedback. The day that I'd be able to tally my cognitive accuracy and weep probably.
      

1 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually did something similar myself. I stopped for a red light, pushed the cigarette lighter in, put a cigarette in my mouth, and when the lighter popped, I started going as if the light had changed. Glad you came up with a name for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home