Thursday, August 31, 2006

Ba Da Bing

With this post, I've almost become: Phil, Blogger of Street Life! Almost. Please hold off on that appellation for a while okay?

Today outside of work, I was enjoying the cakey smell coming out of the food smell factory when three men squinted their way out of 13 Coins. That's a restaurant that can be described in one word: swanky. It's what any mobster would want to own when they rose high enough in the ranks. Swanky. Coins of the world embedded in plasticine tabletops. Swanky.

So these three guys were heavily invested in the power of their toothpicks. You might have thought that they were performing a do-it-yourself gum planing because of their grimaces. It didn't help that they were coming from the dark (of course) interior of the restaurant into the blazing Seattle sun. Yes, I said blazing Seattle sun.

Each of them looked at me with one of those "You lookin at me?" faces which I found reassuring. I would like to have followed them the rest of the day. At least long enough to find out what kind of cars they were driving. In my heart of hearts, I gotta pull for each of them rolling in a Crown Vic. That would have been the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home