Thursday, August 17, 2006

Shame on me!

O the things that we know are true.

Like many (no excuse), I was visciously positive that one of the Ramseys killed their poor little girl. Their behavior was suspect. What had they twisted her into? They were suspect as humans and frankly, I judged them ugly in many ways.
Jon-Benet was killed a long time ago and I was different then.

The killer -it was an accident!- has been arrested. When I heard he confessed, I was kinda sick at my insistance that it had to be one (both?) of the parents. As they say on the cop shows, "I liked the mom for it."

Today, I shared my unease with a colleague who admitted that he had come to the same conclusion and was feeling just as bad as me. Two grown men, embarrassed at their hard judgement over what was really gossip in our world. That discomfort and sheepishness seemed like a fitting consequence. It would have been a great time for a giant adult (some parental who was 12 feet tall and 140 years old) to come by and flick our ears and say something like "That'll teach ya!"

1 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think just about everybody thought the parents had something to do with it. The simple truth is that whenever a girl or woman is killed it *is* most likely to be someone she knows. I still feel just as sheepish as you do, though

 

Post a Comment

<< Home