Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Coincidences

I find coincidences reassuring. Good, bad, indifferent, all reassuring. Yes, there were all those questions at the end of my last post, but those were more histronic than what I feel.

I believe that you've got to be running on all cylinders to have such stuff happen. Synchronicity occurs when there's some stong level of preparedness, spiritual or otherwise, in place.

On Sunday, I spent a bunch of time talking with my nieces, which is always one of my life's pleasures. We spoke of many things; Rachel and I were sharing excitement about the coming XMen release. Why can't mutants and humans just get along? Stephanie mentioned Saramago's Blindness as a serious thang to read.

Of course, yesterday, I walk into the excellent, small yet powerful Bailey/Coy Bookpimps and see the Entertainment Weekly issue with XMen on the cover. THAT is not much of a coincidence. However, on B/C's one tiny table of used books: Blindness. Reader, how good is that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home