Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Splurge

What do you call those thingies? The beaded hangers that hold up a shower curtain in the best hotels? The package says that they are rolling shower curtain rings. Got to be a better name that that.

So I spent a ten spot for those hangers that have the ball bearing tops that theoretically speed the shower curtain along its rod. Quite a stretch but I've been curious about whether they work for many years. I broke down the other day at Bed, Bath & Beyond. Yes, Bed, Bath & Beyond. Get over it.

I rationalized this exciting purchase because I had to switch out my dingy old liner but my weakened claws couldn't deal with the cheap plastic fasteners. So I had to break them off with pliers, thus destroying them and opening my world to the possibility of new hangers.

Sorry, but I should have revealed this sooner: the hangers are great! The metal whoosh is very, very satisfying. It tells me that I've brought ease and precision to my mornings. Plus, the ball bearing count in my little abode has gone through the roof. More ball bearings- good. The only thing more satisfying would be some kind of kelpy rope that would hold my sea-ivy curtain aloft. But then again, does kelp come equipped with ball bearings? Case closed.

2 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I call them shower curtain rings. We got ours right after we finished our bathroom remodel, as a little present to our new-to-us 1920's bathtub. I love that metal-on-metal sound. If you ever need an extra four rings, let us know.

Aren't you going to ask why we have four that we're not using... or have you figured it out already?

 
At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My figurer is adept at some puzzles and clueless about others. There seems to be little consistency here. If I had to be typecast in early hollywood films, I'd play the wide-eyed native agog at the striking match.

All the above words mean, "I don't have a clue!" I can imagine crazy scenarios but none seem the least bit plausible. I give!

Don't you think they should have a name like "wheelies" or something?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home