Monday, February 12, 2007

Pantfulness, Part 2

An addendum to the nearly-going-out-without-any-pants story.

One of my favorite brain malfunctions I've had all my life. I suspect that I'm not alone in this delightful cognitive error.

The other day, I spent a few confused seconds before I realized that the computer couldn't heat my burrito. There just seemed to be no place to put the thing in.

In fairness to myself, my desk is now where my microwave used to be. But those dull moments before recognition were priceless.

A similar idiot thing happened in Florida with me and Scott. "Pasty, white, party of five," was lunching at El Grande Burrito de Mexico (not its real name).

After our waiter brought our beverages, I got Scott's coke and he got my diet. I pointed out to him that our drinks were probably switched. He tried his drink and concurred with me. He said, "No problem, let's switch straws." We did rapidly. There were a few seconds where everyone watched our amazement that this didn't fix the problem. We laughed more than was healthy and then switched the drinks themselves.

No wonder Woody Allen said that the brain was his second favorite organ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home