Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Future

In the past 18 months, I've been under some self-imposed ultimatums (Ultimata?) about changing how I live my life. I have been working hard and I feel like I've been making some headway.

There have been epiphanies, realizations, insights, reckonings, all forms of talk show parting gifts. But something different has happened this month.
It's been a big change.

I've not been able to say clearly what has happened. It's like I have a different sense of time. With this different sense of time, I've had a different sense of what is urgent. A different sense of courage. A different sense of self-worth. A different sense of what I want in the world. A different sense of what is possible.

I've trying to describe this change but so far have not been able to capture what it is and why it's so important. I can say simply that it's important because one consequence is that I might be far more comfortable being me as a result. Perhaps even the best "me" that seemed more like a cruel tease than a possibility.

Rather than let any more days pass without a post, I thought that a heads up was in order.

I hope all is well with you.

1 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have been making significant headway. This latest gift of self-comfort is a well-deserved payoff for all that hard work. It's downright inspiring, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home