Sunday, January 14, 2007

Namaste Football League

Depravity takes many forms. I confess that I participated in one of the gentler forms but I still had to question my judgement.

You might make the mistake of thinking that I'm referring to the orgy of football games that I made myself watch this weekend. In the past few years, I've not exercised the man-perogative and stopped time for this important round of games. I'm glad I took the time. Good games and I feel strangely fulfilled. Now, let me get to the depraved bit.

I don't have an ideal way to watch the games in my place and that's okay. I have a slight fear of creating a setting so powerful, I'd never do anything again. So for each game, I lay on my bed and watch, sit in my chair, lay on the floor, exercise. Hard to sit still for that long. The genuine couch potato has skills that I can only dream of.

My apologies to my sister and the Buddha but I spent at least a couple of hours watching the games from my meditation cushion. My rationale was that I was working on my posture, which I was, kinda. Whatever the excuse, it's not good enough. I should have been able to figure out some other comfortable ass-perch without using my only dedicated enlightenment tool. That doesn't seem too much to ask.

But then again, the Seahawks were on the move in a critical series in the fourth quarter. Quite simply, I did want to pay attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home