Saturday, July 08, 2006

Free Pleasure, Part II

I have my own little newsstand at work.

Ten feet from my desk there's a rack of both of the Seattle papers. You can take copies of both: they're free! The question for me now is how much newsprint should I read?


One of my singular pleasures in life is coffee, breakfast and a newspaper to read. This is the Trifecta, a winner every time. My, the, newspaper of record is The New York Times. I'd like to keep that habit. Since I live on the third floor, falling down three flights of stairs to get the morning paper and then back up contributes to my physical maintenance. Governor Arnold would be proud.

Tell me, just how much newspaper reading should I do? New York Times: Koko Love That! Is it my duty to read both the locals? I wouldn't mind. Most days it would not take much time. But something tells me that being known around the office as "Smudgy, the Ink-Laden Boy" might be best to avoid.

The consumption of newpapers, magazines and any crumpled piece of paper pleases me. But is that how I ought to use my time? Don't know, don't care for now. That's my answer. I have tons of newspapers FREE each day. TONS FREE! Let all four of my eyes enjoy themselves for a while before I train them elsewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home